Proven performance in the most challenging environments
Anti-corrosive Diamonblue Technology comes standard Diamonblue anticorrosive coating for metals is an advanced corrosion protection treatment that protects the outdoor coil and extends unit life, especially in harsh coastal environments.
A. Unit depth is 27 3/8 inches.
B. Depth of junction box to louvers is 6 inches.
C. Maximum wall depth of the thru-the-wall finished hole is 6 inches Durable, Reliable and Safe
Robust engineering, commercial-grade components and extensive field testing show that Hazardgard provides the durability and safety required in hazardous locations. See the complete features list for details on what makes Hazardgard the best choice in tough operating environments.Harsh Environments Demand Hazardgard
Hazardgard is ideal for:
- Offshore oil rigs, onshore oil company offices and refineries
- Petrochemical sites and propane fill-up stations
- Paint and varnish storage or processing plants
- Grain alcohol processors or storage sites
- Plant areas using strong solvents or chemicals
- Munitions plants or armories
- PVC or plastics plants and processing points
- Recycling plants
- Furniture refinishing/stripping workshops
- Fertilizer plants
- Office complexes where methane is a byproduct
- Hazardous materials storage
- Container Lab
- For analyzer houses/shelters
Hazardgard can be installed in a window or thru-the-wall, provided the wall depth meets specifications. See the specifications by model for details. Available in cooling-only models
- Cooling from: 14500-19500 Btu including new 50 Hz model
- Comfort and Durability
- Permanent split capacitor
- Solid-state control relays for compressor and fan operation
- Hermetically sealed refrigeration system
- Environmentally sealed on/off switch and gold-plated contacts in thermostat resist corrosion
- Hot gas bypass allows the air conditioner to operate at outdoor ambient temperatures as low as 7 C/45° F without freezing
- Hermetically sealed reciprocating compressor is cooled during the refrigeration cycle, which allows the unit to tolerate higher outdoor temperatures up to
55 C/130 F
- Larger, commercial-grade, enclosed fan motor with hermetically sealed overload for arc-free operation. It's totally enclosed to assure efficient operation under adverse electrical conditions.
- Unit utilizes direct-wired, 15-amp circuit with time-delay fuse that tolerates surge current without tripping the breaker
- 20-gauge steel creates a more robust air conditioner cabinet that will withstand years of hard use
- Diamonblue Technology anti-corrosive treatment provides added endurance and protection in coastal or corrosive environments
- Defrost control protects coil against freeze-up
- T4 temperature classification. Unit Surface temperature will not rise above 135 C/275 F
- Sound-Reduction Technology
- Steel inner wall blocks noise
- Vibration-isolating design and components diminish operating sound levels
- Maintenance and Installation
- Slide-out chassis for more permanent installation and easier access for maintenance
- Installs in a window or thru-the-wall
- Same sleeve dimensions for 20+ years for easy replacement
- Energy Management and Compliance
- U.S. National Electrical Code, Article 501, Class 1, Div 2, Groups A, B, C & D Hazardous locations
- U.S. National Electrical Code, Article 505, Class 1, ZONE 2, Groups IIA, IIB, IIB plus hydrogen & IIC Hazardous locations
- R-410A refrigerant
- UL and cUL listed
- AHAM rated
- Safety and Security
- Aluminum grille
- Insect barrier
- EntryGard anti-intrusion protection secures chassis to sleeve with steel retaining wire to deter kick-in intrusion
- Health and IAQ
- Washable, antimicrobial air filter
|Cooling Capacity (Btu/hr)
|Heating Capacity (Btu/hr)
|Energy Star Qualified
|Max. wall depth
|Depth J Box to Louvers
|Min. Extension Into Room
|Min. Extension Outside
|Circuit Rating Breaker or T-D Fuse
||425 cubic feet per minute
|Air Direction Controls
||5.6/5.5 pints/24 hours
Window/wall Air Conditioner
Energy Star Rated:
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Why NSI Protection Plus?
Our service plan is an economical way to extend the terms of your product's manufacturer parts & labor warranty.
Most manufacturer's limited warranties leave customers with no protection against the rising cost of repairs.
Even the best products can malfunction and the most minor repairs can cost hundreds.
About NSI Protection Plus
Administered by Warrantech and insured by AmTrust Financial, NSI Protection Plus is the largest service network in the industry with 30 years of building the network and over 22 million in paid claims.
The most comprehensive repair plans in the business!
- Day one coverage on special features
- Removal and reinstallation coverage
- $25 Laundry credit (Washers and Dryers)
- 5 year appliance contracts include 10 year major component coverage
- $250 Food credit (per incident, eligible products)
- The only true "No Lemon Guarantee" in the business
- No "CAP" on repairs or replacement, unlimited repairs.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
Some can even cover extra costs that result, such as cost of food that spoils when your fridge dies.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.