Summit's selection of microwave ovens offer complete cooking power in slim, stylish designs, ideal for smaller kitchens. The MHOTR243SS is a 24" wide over-the-range microwave designed for simple one-touch cooking and effective ventilation. Its jet black door is accented by real stainless steel trim, while a small window affords the opportunity to keep watch of your cooking. A side pocket handle offers a more streamlined look to complement any kitchen style. Inside, the MHOTR243SS offers a full 1.4 cu.ft. capacity with an oversized 12.75" glass turntable. Ten power levels and multi-stage cooking options allow you to set the proper conditions for virtually every meal. The auto cook feature makes for convenient cooking and reheating for almost any food or beverage with pre-programmed settings for pizza, popcorn, beverages, cheeses, ice cream, butter, meats, veggies, and reheating. Submenus for meats, reheat, and veggies allow users to select by item, such as pork, chicken, casserole, dinner plate, or fresh and frozen veggies. An auto cooking decal is affixed to the lower cabinet interior for easy reference. The kids meal setting lets you heat common meals such as chicken nuggets, hot dogs, fries, and frozen sandwiches. Defrost settings offer the choice of heating by time or weight, while the Add 30 seconds feature provides additional cook time for user convenience. The MHOTR243SS also includes a time cook function, timer, and interior light for easy viewing of the interior. The MHOTR243SS is equipped with a versatile ventiliation system that can be set up with a vertical duct, horizontal duct, or for recirculating (ductless) operation with two grease filters and a charcoal filter included. A two-speed exhaust fan, which begins automatically, assures a smoke and odor-free environment. Two LED lights offer efficient illumination for your cooking surface, while the child lock feature helps prevent unsupervised use by children for added safety. Eco Mode disables the display, outside lamp, and exhaust fan for power saving convenience; it is automatically turned on after one minute of inactivity or can be manually turned on or off by the user. We include a mounting plate, exhaust adapter for top or rear-venting, and the hardware required for installation, along with an installation booklet and a top cabinet and rear wall template. NOTE: This unit features a top vented system that must be clear for adequate ventilation. The depth from the rear to the vented area is 17". With its range of cooking options and convenient size, the MHOTR243SS is the perfect finish for any small kitchen space. This unit is also available in white (see MHOTR241W) or black (see MHOTR242B). Visit www.summitappliance.com to learn more. NOTE: If using this for recirculating operation, be sure to consult the installation instructions and rotate the motor before installing in your cabinet.
- Smartly sized for full service use in smaller kitchens
- Under-cabinet ventilation with a high/low setting
- This unit can be set up with a vertical duct, horizontal duct, or for recirculating operation
- 1.4. cu.ft. interior provides ample room for heating & cooking small or large dishes
- Sleek, modern look with black glass
- Top and bottom feature a brushed stainless steel accent for added luxury in the kitchen
- Small window lets you keep watch of your cooking
- Range hood includes two bulbs for convenient illumination of the cooking zone
- Cooking setting that lets you choose from pizza, potatoes, popcorn, beverages, cheese, ice cream, butter, meats, veggies, and reheat
- Designed for easy reheating of common children's meals, with settings specifically for nuggets, hot dogs, fries, and frozen sandwiches
- Touch controls for easy heating of foods and beverages (up to 99 minutes)
- Allows users to program two cooking settings with different power levels for best results with certain recipes
- Includes a removable 12.75" glass turntable
- Choose from 10 power levels to ensure optimum level of heating of food and beverage
- Push the start button to add 30 seconds to cooking time
- Users can set the defrost setting by time (up to 99 minutes) or weight (up to 96 oz.)
- Provides filtering to help eliminate cooking smoke & odors
- A mounting plate, exhaust adapter for top or rear-venting, hardware for installation, installation guide, and top/rear cabinet wall templates are included for user convenience
- Power saving mode that disables display, outside lamp, and fan (Note: this mode turns on autmoatically after 1 minute of inactivity)
- Microwave light automatically illuminates when the door is opened
- Microwave includes timer setting (up to 99 minutes) with an audible warning
- Optional setting can be activated to prevent unsupervised operation
- Two included to remove grease particles helping to keep the exhaust fan and ducting clean
- Affixed to lower cabinet interior and provides an overview of the auto cook settings for easy user reference
|Height of Cabinet
||17.5" (44 cm)
||24.0" (61 cm)
|Width with Door Open
||24.75" (63 cm)
||17.0" (43 cm)
|Depth with door at 90°
||38.75" (98 cm)
|US Electrical Safety
|Canadian Electrical Safety
||115 V AC/60 Hz
||52.0 lbs. (24 kg)
||65.0 lbs. (29 kg)
|Parts & Labor Warranty
||12.75" (32 cm)
|Specialized Cooking Buttons
||10.0" (25 cm)
||14.5" (37 cm)
||14.38" (37 cm)
Over the Range
Energy Star Rated:
1.4 cu. ft.
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Why NSI Protection Plus?
Our service plan is an economical way to extend the terms of your product's manufacturer parts & labor warranty.
Most manufacturer's limited warranties leave customers with no protection against the rising cost of repairs.
Even the best products can malfunction and the most minor repairs can cost hundreds.
About NSI Protection Plus
Administered by Warrantech and insured by AmTrust Financial, NSI Protection Plus is the largest service network in the industry with 30 years of building the network and over 22 million in paid claims.
The most comprehensive repair plans in the business!
- Day one coverage on special features
- Removal and reinstallation coverage
- $25 Laundry credit (Washers and Dryers)
- 5 year appliance contracts include 10 year major component coverage
- $250 Food credit (per incident, eligible products)
- The only true "No Lemon Guarantee" in the business
- No "CAP" on repairs or replacement, unlimited repairs.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
Some can even cover extra costs that result, such as cost of food that spoils when your fridge dies.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.